On this page you’ll find answers to questions you may have about working with me. If you need further information, please get in touch.
How long will it take?
Turnaround depends on the size of the project and my current workload. A book edit takes several weeks. Where possible, I try to return projects sooner than the deadline.
How much will it cost?
I cost each project individually, and my fee is based on the length of the material and the level of work required. My rates for editing are in line with those recommended by the UK’s Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading.
So that clients know where they are with costs, I always quote a flat fee for a project, based on a rate per 1,000 words.
How does the project process work?
Once you’ve supplied me with details of your project, I’ll review it. If I’m able and available to take on the work, I’ll provide a project quote.
If you decide to proceed, I’ll send you a project agreement to sign and return to me. This agreement will detail:
- The exact nature of the service I’ll provide, including any limitations or areas for special consideration
- The deadline for the project
- The project fee and payment terms
Then I’ll issue an invoice for the project (see the following section, ‘How can I pay?’). Once payment has cleared, I’ll get to work.
On or before the deadline, I’ll send you the project deliverables, and you’re then free to come back to me with any questions.
How can I pay?
I accept payment by direct bank transfer.
- For UK clients, project fees up to and including £350 are payable in full in advance. Where a project fee exceeds £350, half is payable upfront as security and the remainder is payable within 14 days of the client receiving the project deliverables.
- For international clients, project fees are payable in full in advance.