On this page you’ll find answers to questions you may have about working with me. If you need further information, please get in touch.
How long will it take?
Turnaround depends on the size of the project and my current workload. The client and I agree a deadline, and I always meet that deadline.
How much will it cost?
I cost each project individually, and my fee is based on the length of the material and the level of work required. My rates for proofreading and editing are in line with those recommended by the Society for Editors and Proofreaders.
So that clients know where they are with costs, I always quote a flat fee for a project.
How does the project process work?
Once you’ve supplied me with details of your project, I’ll review it. If I’m able and available to take on the work, I’ll provide a project quote.
If you decide to proceed, I’ll send you a project agreement to sign and return to me. This agreement will detail:
- The exact nature of the service I’ll provide, including any limitations or areas for special consideration
- The deadline for the project
- The project fee and payment terms
Then I’ll issue an invoice for the project (see the following section, ‘How can I pay?’). Once payment has cleared, I’ll get to work.
On or before the deadline, I’ll send you the project deliverables, and you’re then free to come back to me with any questions.
How can I pay?
I accept payment by cheque or direct bank transfer.
- For UK clients, project fees up to and including £350 are payable in full in advance. Where a project fee exceeds £350, half is payable upfront as security and the remainder is payable within 14 days of the client receiving the project deliverables.
- For international clients, project fees are payable in full in advance.
Do you outsource work?
No, I handle all services personally. I believe you should know the editor who’s working on your project, so that you can be assured it’s in safe hands.
Landmark Editorial has only one other employee, Ally. He handles admin for me – finances, marketing, web development and so on – which frees me up to focus on editing and proofreading.